Skip to content
- There was one centralized administration under one Governor-general.
- There were dual citizenship i.e. citizens in the commune and the subjects.
- Africans who accepted the French way of life and westernization were accorded equal rights and privileges with French citizens in France.
- African culture and traditional institutions were totally rejected.
- Authorities of traditional rulers were not recognized.
- Education was restricted to the citizens in the communes.
- There were no political parties and associations.