Skip to content
- The rivers change in volume based on the seasons of the year. For instance, most of the rivers flow heavily during raining season and stop or reduce during the dry season.
- The colour of the rivers also change according to the seasons of the year.
- The rivers are very shallow in nature and have a high evaporation.
- There are a lot of debris in most West African Rivers.
- Most of the rivers develop Sand banks, which make shipping difficult.
- The presence of rapids and cataracts often times disturb inland navigation.