Skip to content
- Urgency: Is the goods for use at once or later. If for immediate use, air or road is good but for later use, train is advisable.
- Cost of the goods: Very costly items e.g. gold, watches etc are better moved by air.
- Cost of transport: People usually prefer the cheapest means of transport i.e. rail for transporting goods.
- Nature of the goods: Are the goods bulky or not. If bulky, rail or road transport is recommended.
- Speed required: The fastest means of transport is recommended for moving perishable or fragile goods such as vegetables, tomatoes, gold, silver
- Buyer’s instruction: on the means of transport to use in transporting his goods is to be adhered to.
- Distance: The place to off-load the goods. If far, rail is recommended but if near, road i.e. taxi or truck is the, appropriate means.
- The customary or traditional: means of transporting goods produced by a company can be adopted.