Industrialization plays a major role in the development of any economy through the following ways:
- Provision of infrastructural facilities such as pipe-borne water, electricity, telecommunication etc.
- Provision of employment opportunities for both skilled and unskilled workers.
- Development of manpower skill to areas of specialty.
- Stimulation of increased productivity, which has led to increased national income.
- Industrialization also provides a better standard of living.
- It encourages self-sufficiency and reliance.