The computer system environment is where the computer system is located or placed.
The following should be provided when planning for computer environment for efficiency.
- Air conditioner
- Burglary proofs
- Ceiling or standing fan
- Curtain materials
- Burglary light
- Tables and chairs
- Carpet or rugged floor
- Un-interruptible power supply (UPS)
- Electronic Voltage Stabilizer (EVS)
- Dust cleaners
To ensure staff safety and equipment security, the following precautions has to be taken:
- Ensure accurate electrical connections.
- Do not remove any communication cables of peripherals attached to the CPU when they are
- Ensure that stabilizers or UPS are properly connected to the computer to guide against fluctuations in the power supply.
- Turn off all the electrical appliances at the end of the day.
- Ensure that the computer room is clean and tidy.
- Turn off your PC at the end of the day.
- Ensure always that the air conditioner or fan is on,
- Ensure that the floor is raised to protect the system from water.