This is however the inherent problems among middlemen in Nigeria. The arguments state thus:-
- That the middlemen usually hoard goods through creating artificial scarcity
- That sometimes, the wholesalers inflate the prices of goods just to make more profit
- That the middlemen sometimes adulterate the goods in order to increase the quantity of their goods.
- That the middlemen cannot boast of having adequate storage facilities.
- That there are inadequate provision of roads, transport facilities and good communication network which complicate the activities of middlemen in product distribution.