Despite the problems encountered in international trade, a lot of benefits are still derivable:
- It facilitates economic development.
- It promotes international friendliness and cooperation.
- It brings about increase in investment opportunities among different parts of the world.
- It also increases the variety of goods obtainable in West Africa
- It helps in the transfer of technological know-how.
- It also provides employment opportunities.
- It provides foreign exchange earnings.
- It also stimulates the production of exportable goods.
- It enhances people’s standard of living