UNLIMITED FRANCHISE OR UNIVERSAL ADULT SUFFRAGE: This type of franchise is the most popular because it encourages every adult (male or female) to vote and be voted for. However, there are still some qualifications to be met by the voters before voting. Such qualifications are:
- That the voter must be a citizen of the country where he wants to vote.
- That the voter must be up to the age of voting, say 18 years, as the case in Nigeria.
- That the voter must have lived in the constituency where he is to vote.
- That the voter must be mentally sound. He must be of a sane mind and not a lunatic.
- That the voter must as a matter of fact register for an election.