REASONS FOR THE INTRODUCTION OF COLONIAL ADMINISTRATION IN WEST AFRICA
- The desire of the European powers to secure cheap raw materials in the coastal region of West Africa.
- The desire of the European continents to impose foreign culture in place of African culture, which they saw as inferior.
- The search for new markets for the surplus goods produced in the European continents.
- The desire to protect some of their citizens working as missionaries and traders in different parts of West Africa.
- Political and imperial ambition of some European powers to acquire foreign territories as their empires.