Skip to content
- It monitors all the units of computer system and all peripheral system units.
- It controls the booting and loading of the computer.
- It manages the video display unit (VDU), printer and scanner to provide input or output to and from the computer.
- It controls the operations of secondary storage that is to transfer back and forth between secondary storage and main memory.
- It provides security to multiple users.
- creates efficient use of the CPU.
- It gives a total control access to computer machine.
- It helps in the management of files on the secondary storage
- It is the brain behind the management of data cum information in internal memory.