Skip to content
- A single party exists in a totalitarian government.
- The media is usually monopolized by government.
- Individual freedom is not guaranteed.
- The judicial system is subject to state control.
- There is centralization of all powers in the ruler.
- There is no limit to the powers of the government because there is no constitution.
- The government is headed by a dictator, eg. Adolf of Germany.
- The government uses force to suppress those who oppose any of its policies.
- It has a highly centralized economy, the government determines what is to be produced.
- The system is usually practised in a one-party state.