Skip to content
Second Generation Computers
- Transistor, diodes and printed circuitry board replace the wire and thermionic valve of the first generation.
- Human language and multiprogramming were used.
- Modular blocks concept, which permit systems to be expanded, were introduced.
- There is real time and time-sharing capability.
- It has larger instruction sets.
- It has larger internal memories.
- It is faster compared to first generation computer.
- Magnetic core and tape of magnetic core were used for main memory, while magnetic tape storage was used for storing file.