Skip to content
- The system alienated educated Nigerians from participating in the colonial rule.
- The system created disunity and discord between the local chiefs and the educated elites
- The system is undemocratic and authoritarian
- The traditional rulers did not formulate policies.
- It led to excessive concentration of powers on the traditional rulers, which made most of them dictatorial.
- The system made the traditional rulers stooges of the colonial masters.
- The system denied the native chiefs the right and power to defend the interests of their people.