Africa has the following type of climate:
1. Equatorial Hot Climate – This is seen in Zaire Basin of central Africa and in the Coast of West Africa apart from Ghana.
2. Hot Desert Climate – This is seen in the Sahara desert. This region has very high temperature due to the cold current.
3. Tropical continental Climate – This is also found in West Africa and other parts of East and South Africa. This type of climate is also known as Sudan Climate.
4. Temperate continental Climate found in the Veld of South Africa.
5. Warm temperate eastern Margin.
6. Mediterranean climate – found at the tips of North-West of Africa e.g. Algeria, Morocco and Tunisia.